Sacred Heart’s school council is made up of 12 children who have been voted to represent each class. They meet weekly with Mrs Boardman and Mrs Walters to discuss any issues that have arisen in school and to develop new ideas to make our school a more fun and friendly place to be!
School Council meet every Tuesday at 12.00pm
Four of the school council members attended courses on: ‘How to be effective”
The school council are busy at the moment:
- Applying for an award for the toilets which they designed.
- Researching new school signs .
Our latest news
- We celebrated getting our School Council Bronze Award and are now busy working for the SILVER Award.
- We are going to be working with staff,governors and parents/carers to see how we can get more children buzzing about reading.
- We have been given £200 by the governors to purchase play time equipment.
- We are organising a poster competition for the year of Faith.
- We have been reseaching new school signs and offered to use our School Council budget to pay towards a new playground rules sign. We wrote to the Governors asking them to consider this and they have agreed. We are now looking forward to the arrival of the new sign.
- We have been asked to peer assess at another primary school and hope to do this next term if it fits into our school diary.